Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Ok Olivant - Mr. Question - what is oil's true value? What is the true value of underpants, prophylactics, beer, a visit to the doctor. What does "True Value" have to do with it? The real question is who is profiting by 100% increases in price? Gee, Exxon made record profits. $40 billion. CEOs all over the globe are making obscene salaries. So, true value has nothing to do with it. How about true greed, true profit, true manipulation, true artifical value. How about true, fuck the consumer, I want my money!

mary cas -- you know I love you but calm down a bit already. Dont blame the "big" oil companies in the U.S (Heck isn't the biggest oil company in the U.S. like the 14th or 15th biggest of all oil companies in the world?

And, record profits? Well I say good for them (AND ME and probably you in some shape or form) Big oil companies (US Companies that is) dont necesarly make bigger profits as the price of gas increases.

And, let's think about this- what is the purpose of a corporation?>??? Well, duh, to increase value and wealth for its shareholders. Who are the shareholders or owners of the "big" oil companies? Well I can claim some sort of ownership and I bet you can as well. Last time I checked some pension plans, mutual funds, etc... own some 75-80 percent of the oil industry.