There's a new state law allowing pull tabs and punch boards in bars now. This will hurt the "smoke shops" aka the illegal gambling dens/pool halls I used to hang out in when I was a teenager. They already started cracking down on the video slot machines and now competing with bars with these...

OTHER NEW INDIANA LAWS TAKING EFFECT TUESDAY

JAIL BOOKING FEES | Lake and Porter counties must abolish the $25 jail processing fees they have been charging inmates -- guilty or not -- for more than five years. The fees raise more than $100,000 per county per year. Porter County Sheriff David Lain said the county now must come up with a new way to fund addition treatment for inmates. "You ask any inmate that has gone through that class, 'Was it worth $25?' And they don't hesitate," Lain said.

COOLING OFF PERIOD | Domestic violence suspects now must spend at least eight hours in jail before being released on bail. "We wanted to prevent accused offenders from being set free to commit another act of violence," said state Rep. Linda Lawson, D-Hammond.

WILL SMITH'S LAW | Elected officials now lose office -- no resignation required -- immediately upon being convicted of or pleading guilty to a felony. Inspired by former Lake County Councilman Will Smith Jr., who remained in office for three months last year after being convicted of tax evasion.

REFERENDA REQUIRED | Most municipal and school construction projects exceeding $10 million now must win voter approval.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.