Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Goombah (and Mignon I think?), I'm officially a fan of Cleveland fans. What a classy organization. As you can imagine the last few years we have loved Omar Vizquel here in the Bay Area, even though he's on the decline. It was great to see the Indians play a tribute video of Omar highlights playing as one of the Tribe, and the non-stop standing ovations for him shows how much the fans love and appreciate the past as much as "what have you done for me lately".

Cleveland seems like a great baseball town, am I wrong? I would love to visit there someday to see a game.

I agree that it was a classy gesture with how the front office honored Vizquel. He's better at 41 than that worthless hack, Jhonny Peralta, that we have now who is maybe 26. The organization did something similar for Sandy Alomar the year after he left.

To be honest, I'd take a little less class and gladly trade it for a championship. We do have a great baseball town, as evidenced by our 455 consecutive sellout streak at Jacobs Field from 1995-2001. This town went insane, particularly in 1995 when we made it back to the World Series for the first time in 41 years.

Having said all that, Cleveland has been, is, and will always be, a football town first and foremost. But we rabidly support all three of our major teams.