Originally Posted By: SC
Only in San Francisco does one need a sweatshirt in June. lol

Originally Posted By: klydon1
I was always amazed since I was a kid watching the Phillies playing in old candlestick Park on tv in July and August to see the fans bundled up in coats, gloves and hats.ing big hits on occasion and showing a rocket arm at third.

San Francisco can get sooo cold for the night games with that fog that comes in. Candlestick was the worst though. Not only is the stadium located on one of the coldest windiest spots in San Francisco but the old style stadium didn't allow the wind to pass on through so it became like a hurricane of cold wind and food wrappers and garbage circulating around the stadium. They used to hand out these "Croix de Candlestick" pins to the fans who stayed for the full game.

I was so sad when they built a new stadium because I grew up in Candlestick, but Candlestick had to be one of the worst stadiums and the new stadium has to be one of the most beautiful in baseball and has become the place I'd rather be than anywhere else. There's nothing better than being at a major league ball game with a hot dog and a beer. Especially if it is a Dodger game where I can boooo my lungs out at the Dodger fans around me grin

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes