Originally Posted By: goombah

That Pittsburgh game though, the stats are misleading. Much of those numbers were padded when the Colts found themselves down 16-0, much of it due to Manning's ineffectiveness. I remember Manning looking uncomfortable and having horrible mechanics for much of that game. Plus his line could not handle the blitz.

When it comes to preparing for a game, analyzing defenses and exploiting weaknesses, Manning is without peer. From an objective, mathematical, and quantifiable approach it's hard to put someone above Manning. Looking at it from a subjective and improvisational view, I like Brady.

I agree with goombah that Manning's stats in the Pittsburgh game were padded when the Steelers started playing the clock. In the beginning of that game Roethlisberger rifled through the Colts to get two TDs while the Colts struggled until the fourth quarter.

Also that game should have been put away as Manning threw a clear interception to Polamalu that was unexplicably overturned on replay. That was with the Steelers leading by 11 and only 5 minutes remaining. Manning had opportunities to pull it out or get the Colts closer. The Steelers' blitz that day was admittedly fiercer than anything Manning had ever seen, but I think Brady would have been better suited to move the team when the action sped up. That said, I don't think Brady would have done as well as Manning in the first half of that game.

I'll admit, Longneck, that these are two QBs of the ages and their differences are marginal. that I prefer Brady in the pressure minutes doesn't mean that I don't think Manning isn't cool under pressure. I'd be happy any day of the week with Manning in any situation.