Originally Posted By: goombah

You're a huge Indy homer, so you are completely splitting hairs about the points. The real debate is what QB do you want when your team is down by a TD or less. That answer for non-Indy fans is Brady. You threw out that Brady was picked off in the Super Bowl against the Giants - I simply forgot, but that just proves Brady is not Superman. That INT vs. Indy last year was the result of his entire team blowing the huge lead and having to throw into a prevent defense with little time on the clock. You're conveniently forgetting the choke job efforts Manning had vs. Pittsburgh in 2006 and his poor playoff game performances vs. the Pats (save the 2007 AFC Championship Game), let alone his horrific showing against the Jets in 2002.

You're taking this personally b/c you like Manning and the Colts. I do too. But the vast majority of non-partisan observers would take Brady over Manning with the game on the line and his team down by 7 or fewer points. You may hate Brady & NE, but the reality is he's the most clutch QB in the NFL of the past 10 years. His 1st Super Bowl was very similar to the matchup of NE - NYG: NE was given no chance against the high scoring Rams and he calmly lead his team for the winning drive in his first Super Bowl with less than 2:00 in his first year starting in the NFL. That is impressive. And that's coming from a fan who was vehemently rooting against the Pats, particularly this past year.

Sorry to piggy back, but great post and I agree.

Last edited by Don Andrew; 06/24/08 11:39 AM.

Hey, how's it going?