Originally Posted By: SC
"Cat On a Hot Tin Roof" is my favorite Paul Newman movie and PROBABLY his best role.

James Dean was originally signed to play the role of Brick, but died a few months later. It would have been he and Liz Taylor's second film together. But yes, it is generally regarded as one of Newman's two best roles. (I haven't seen much but another role I loved him in is "Road to Perdition." So amazing to see an aged actor still capable of giving an inspiring performance.)

Another fun fact I learned the other day is Humphrey Bogart stood only 5'8'' tall! I realize actors are generally on the smaller side, but, Lauren Bacall has to be 5'11'' and the two stood eye to eye in every picture.

Bob Hope was 5'11'' & 1/2, which surprised me as I thought he would be much shorter. Let's see, who else can I remember: James Dean (5'8''), John Wayne (6'4''), Jimmy Stewart (6'3''), Frank Sinatra (5'8'' & 1/2), James Cagney (5'7''), Gene Kelly (5'7''), Fred Astaire (5'8'' & 1/2), Robert Mitchum (6'1'' & 1/2), Sidney Poitier (6'2'' & 1/2), Henry Fonda (6'1''), Clark Gable (6'1''), Cary Grant (6'1''), and Montgomery Clift was only 5'10''; I figured him to be much taller.