Originally posted by Turnbull:
But I think the larger issue in this excellent thread is: Is there honor among thieves?
Difficult. McCluskey is a thief when he does his normal things as Turnbull describes but he uses the money to help others(see first post). He earns the money with protecting victim-less crimes and stuff like that. That doesn't bother me much. (BTW There are people who steal (being thief)in order to survive. They simply don't have enough money and should find a way to get something.)

But by helping Sollozzo he is doing something totally different. Which I can link with anything except honor. The honor is lost at this point. He only thinks about the money he earns and what he should do with the money.

Originally posted by Turnbull: Vito was scarcely blameless, too. True, he opposed drugs, but mainly because he thought drugs would menace the police and political protection he needed for his regular businesses. And they were hardly "victimless crimes." The big bucks in the illegal gambling business come less from the odds, more from loansharking--a business of broken kneecaps or worse. And every dollar Vito got from the unions was stolen from some working stiff's union dues, which were supposed to buy a better way of life for the working man.
Can you explain this in easier words for me. I don't get anything of it.

Originally posted by Plawrence:M.M. Floors, my compliments on an excellent topic.
Thanks