We had some gun action here in the West not long ago:

Meth is a big problem out here. Police got a tip about a car carrying meth, so they parked on the shoulder of a busy state road about a half mile from my home, and across from a busy mall. They spotted the car and pulled it over. Three people got out of the car--and one started shooting. The bullets were flying. The perp got one of the cops in the chest with a .357 mag, but luckily, the cop was wearing a vest, and it held. They wounded him in the arm and took him down.
I found out about this because I kept hearing sirens, then helicopters. I went out, found the highway roped off, and a copter circling the state road. It landed on an open field across from us and took the wounded perp to a hospital in Phoenix. About 20 official cars lined the road through the next day, looking for bullets and cartridges. The cop who was shot wasn't hurt, thank God. The three a-hole perps are looking at life plus 999 years.
The next week, one of my neighbors told me how he heard of this shootout: One of the perp's missed shots came right through his kitchen window. crazy

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.