While the investigation continues, Marvin Harrison told the Indianapolis Colts that he was not involved in a shooting last month in Philadelphia.

Marvin Harrison

Harrison

The Indianapolis Star reported on Tuesday that Harrison delivered that message to coach Tony Dungy and team president Bill Polian. A gun that Harrison owned has been linked to the shooting in the player's hometown in which a man suffered a gunshot wound to his hand and a small boy was cut on the face by flying glass from a windshield.

"At this point I'm keeping my fingers crossed," owner Jim Irsay said, according to the newspaper. "We've done everything we could do in our diligence to try to discern what happened. He said he was not involved in that shooting and & the authorities have said there is nothing imminent.

"You hope these things hold up to be true, that there won't be any charges and there wasn't any involvement. Until we hear more, this isn't even a case of innocent until proven guilty because there hasn't been a charge yet."

Six of the bullet casings found at the April 29 shooting near Harrison's car wash were from his gun, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported last week. But Harrison is not considered a suspect at this time.

"It's an ongoing investigation and we are following leads wherever they take us," Lt. Richie Brown, a Philadelphia detective, said, according to the newspaper. "Mr. Harrison is cooperating fully with the police department."

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.