Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The Blues Brothers is hands down one of the most entertaining films ever. John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd are absolutely hilarious, the sheer number of entertainers is amazing (where else can you get the likes of James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles and Cab Calloway in one film?), the acting cast is equally impressive, and the absurdity of the plot and everyone's acceptance of the goings-on, are what make it so great. The brothers "are on a Mission from God" (and causing complete and total mayhem on the way) to pay taxes on a building owned by the church, which would be exempt from taxes to begin with!!

I agree completely SB! It seems to be one of those movies where people are crazy in love with it, or they don't get it. It's interesting that it's not considered a musical but has as much music as any musical out there.

One of my favorite scenes is a good example of the casual humor that runs throughout the movie. It is when Jake's ex-fiancee blows up Elwood's apartment. They both climb out of the rubble and Elwood looks at his watch and says "We've gotta go to work." No big deal lol

Blues Brothers is one of my all-time favorites. It is truly unique in it's pacing and dry humor, then you throw in all that great blues music. One you didn't mention (There are so many) is John Lee Hooker playing on the street with his band in the middle of that street fair.

Okay, I'm watching it again right now. Thanks for the bad review Irish! You helped me plan my evening wink

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes