We went to a small local pub for dinner. It changed hands about a year ago, plus we never really ate there, only had drinks there in the past. However, the food was outstanding and VERY inexpensive. How can you beat that combo??

I had an appetizer of onion rings, which were homemade, batter-dipped, fresh and delicious. They came without a dip or anything, but when I mentioned that I liked to dip them in horseradish, the waitress immediately brought out a small dish of sour cream with horseradish mixed in. Very nice touch.

For my entree, I had the calves liver. It came with a salad (crisp and fresh), two tender, delightful pieces of calves liver, plenty of bacon and onions, a nice vegetable medley and a choice of potato. I had the fries, and they were nice and crispy.

It was less than $20 for both appetizer AND entree, the food was fresh and delicious, the service was good and friendly, and the prices were not to be beat. The only problem is that I can't remember the name of the place!! Although at least I know WHERE it is!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club