Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
They were simply totally original screenplays written for the films. No book or anything. Well apart from the young Vito parts in the Godfather novel were masterfully included into Part II.

I'm sorry I don't think I've heard of anything on Puzo already having ideas for a sequel but I wouldn't put it past him. I bet he made notes somewhere. And so would FFC after seeing the success of GFI.
Hmm, well i sure wish he would have, God bless him!

I love Puzo's works, i'm about to read The Family, and then The Fortunate Pilgrim!

You can out JGeoff's site for the official GF2, Gf3, and The Godfather Transcripts....

I believe he posted a link to the SHOOTING SCRIPTS (Original ideas) to GF1 and GF2, if not someone else can post them here.

Yet to find any info on GF3 other than transcript except for Peter Boskind's Godfather COmpanion!

Puzo was a god!

GF2 was classic, the DeNiro years were in the Book, and SOME instances from GF2 were set up in the Novel, for example Batista and Cuba, etc.

GF3 that we all saw was mostly FFC's ideas with Puzo's Writings, i've posted before about Puzo's ideas for Gf3, such as Tom Hagen and the Rosatos, Santino Junior, Anthony & Grace, etc.

If you're looking for more classic Mob Movies....Once Upon A Time In America-DeNiro 5 *****

Mean Streets-DeNiro 4 1/2 **** 1/2*

CLASSIC!