Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
What is the longest ever played game? I want to say I've heard 27, but I could be wrong.

I looked it up.... the longest game (by innings) in the majors was back in 1920 when the Brooklyn Dodgers played the Boston Braves for 26 innings.

Timewise, the honor goes to Chicago (White Sox) and Milwaukee back in 1984 when they played 25 innings in 8 hours and 6 minutes.

SC is absolutely right. There was an AL game about 6-7 years ago that came within a couple of minutes of breaking the time record. I think it involved the Rangers.

There was a AAA game in 1981 (I remember because it was completed during the MLB strike) between Rochester and Pawtucket that went 33 innings. The game started on Saturday evening and went to the 31st or 32d inning after 4 AM Easter morning with about a dozen or so fans left before it was suspended. They completed the game a few months later when Rochester was back in town.

The game featured future Hall of Famers Cal Ripken (Rochester) and Wade Boggs (Pawtucket). I think Pawtucket scored a ninth inning run to tie it at 1, and then each team scored a run around the 20th inning before Pawtucket won it.