Yes, and Champagne is only from France, but that is FRENCH law and not US Law, a rose by any name is still the same... In this case, i have no clue where it came from, midwest with same proceedures/climate as japan or japan itself, who knows... Even the FRENCH (need i repeat the FRENCH) admit that many american products are better than those in europe or abroad, california/napa is mostly to be credited for this. California is basically the same climate/conditions as you have in italy, france, etc... no wonder why they call it the "Golden State" -- Perhaps you remember when we attended FFC's GF DVD party in Brooklyn, we entered the pasta plant and there was a HUGE oversized Californian flag draped from the cieling... back in Y2k I was a bit offended: who is HE to come into brooklyn and parade the CA flag?? Now I know why, it IS the golden state and it rivals wine, olive oil, and many other products over the rest of the world... I am now pretty comfortable with that... No country has a patent on any product. The only country that comes close is Cuba... its geography, climate, soil and production cancels out any other cigar in the world, except KEY WEST, they come VERY close... otherwise, any climate/condition can be replicated in today's world.

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX