Originally Posted By: JRCX
I love bears, so i am awkward about killing/eating them, but it it will save lives and if thinning the "crowd" will help other bears from starving to death or attacking someone taking out the garbage, its the lesser of 2 evils... I just wonder what it tastes like.

I have seen black bears in state parks in PA when I was young. Like Yogi Bear, they were mostly scavenging for food. I also have seen them while I was hiking in woods many years ago. It's hard to encounter them as they pick up your scent before you're in view, and avoid you. Both times I saw bears on these occasions, I was turning around, looking backwards. The bears had likely picked up our scent and circled around us out of fear, and then took a peak back to see who we were.

Every summer a rogue black bear or two finds his way into a neighborhood and ups in a tree. wildlife officials are called to tranqilize the bear and return it to the woods. Last year, the news showed the clip of the bear being shot with a trnquilizer, stirring a bit, and then falling on top of a police car crushing the roof.

i like bears too, and have had black bear steaks. They were very good, but had to be tenderized and marinated.