Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Originally posted by CharlieLucifer:
[b]1. In real life... when Lucky (Vito) killed Bugsy (Green) was Meyer Lansky (Roth) pissed?...
Who knows?
But...pissed or not, Roth's 'This is the business we've chosen' speech is to me a pretty good indication of how these things were looked at. It wasn't the killing of Moe Green that pissed Roth, it Michael Corleone's inquiring as to who ordered the hit on Pentangelli. The former was business; the latter was not.

As any regular on the board knows, I haven't read the novel...but it makes perfect sense that Puzo would intertwine his fictional characters with their real-life counterparts of the same era. At the same time, I feel it was wise to omit them from the film, where their presense wasn't needed.

Apple[/b]
Yes, bu ta Don killing Maranzano or Masseria COULD be included because that REALLy happenend, but Capone guard sgetting hacked up NEVER happened!

Maranzello and Maresia can be in GF4 (If there ever is) but Capone shouldn't be, they can refer to his charcater as "The Chicago Don".

Also, wasn't J. Edgar Hoover a privat efirend of Jack Woltz, who was a private friend of Philip Tattaglia. SO Tattaglia is being wtahce dover by Hoover, AND Bruno Tattaglia is friends with McCluskey. So Corleone has th ejudges, but Tattaglia's got the Cops, AND the FBI!

Were President Herbert Hoover and J Edgar Hoover related?