Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Hmmm. I'm curious what the sign said too. If this guy wasn't threatening anyone, or if unless the sign said "I'm gonna kill W" or something like that, it does seem odd that they cuffed him. Did they arrest him?

Exactly what the sign said makes the difference. Btw, what if you had a sign that said "GWB is a dickhead"...can you get arrested for that? It'd almost be worth it.

TIS

They arrested him, and he is awaiting trial... Although, with all the coverage, word is that his trial will probably be dismissed.

I don't think his sign used the language in a directly threatening or offensive way... I think it was more a matter of getting his point across, which seems to be a logic that just doesn't make sense to some people up here. I mean, which sign is going to be more effective at drawing attention, and hence doing it's job; one that reads "stop Bush" or one which reads "fuck Bush"?

I believe the complaints were mostly registered by people who happened to have their kids in the car when they were driving by... Which still doesn't make sense to me. The idea that your kids are going to encounter strong language is inevitable. All you can really do is wait for the moment to come, and then explain the nature of that language to them. Bringing the police into it is clearly going overboard. What ever happened to sticks and stones?

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 03/29/08 08:17 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."