There's actually a pretty big local story going on where I live right now, involving first amendment rights. There was a local anti-war protest recently, and a protester sported a sign that apparently featured an obscenity... Basically, after a few complaints, police appeared at the scene to cuff him and bring him in for "disorderly conduct."

I'm not exactly sure what the sign said, other than the fact that it addressed President Bush, but I personally think the fact that they cuffed him, as he wasn't presenting any real threat, should be classified as excessive force. Anyways, it's stirring up some mayhem locally.

It should be dually noted that I live in the most Conservative corner of the country. I couldn't begin to count how many pickup trucks there are around here, even if I were to use each and every individual hair on my head to keep track.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 03/29/08 07:47 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."