Originally Posted By: Irishman12
MONKEY BUSINESS (1952)
(First Viewing)

Barnaby Fulton is a research chemist working on a fountain of youth pill for a chemical company. While trying a sample dose on himself, he accidentally gets a dose of a mixture added to the water cooler and believes his potion is what is working. The mixture temporarily causes him to feel and act like a teenager, including correcting his vision. When his wife gets a dose that is even larger, she regresses even further into her childhood. When an old boyfriend meets her in this state, he believes that her never wanting to see him again means a divorce and a chance for him.

Another hidden Marilyn Monroe performance. Only the second Howard Hawks film I've seen. The first was SCARFACE, which I thoguht was awesome. However, this "comedy" was anything but. Again, not my type of humor and rather dull.

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE KING OF KINGS (1927) 2 1/2
(First Viewing)

Mary Magdalene becomes angry when Judas, now a follower of Jesus, won't come to her feast. She goes to see Jesus and becomes repentant. From there the Bible story unfolds through the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

[quote=Irishman12]I'll save you the trouble and say it for you, I'm spoiled. I never really have and probably never will enjoy silent films. I gave this a shot to see if my feelings would change any and while they've loosened up a bit, they're still there. Although, I will give DeMille props for making this picture as impressive as it was, especially for 1927. The sets were pretty impressive too and it definitely had that big budget Hollywood nostaligia feeling to it. I think the 1931 version is the same film, just about 40+ minutes shorter.