Yes, I agree (and that is what i stated originally) a great steak stands on its own, maybe some sea salt or pepper, but otherwise the only time I use steak sauce is when is when its not very good (like when it cooks for a few mins on the grill then the propane runs out) so you have to finish it restaurant style, under the broiler, maybe basted in butter (THAT is good)...

In any case... I had to go see my accountant and there is a gourmet specialty store nearby, so I went and bought some black truffle butter (delicious), it was $10 for 3oz, but well worth it, very unique taste. and the butter is as about as premium as you can get. I also got some prosciutto, some semi-soft cow's milk cheese from france, hot soprosatta and olives, and this prelude to leftover sausage meat sauce & pasta really made it a fine dinner...!

Shoprite is having this big sale, $1/lb for ground beef, $1/5lb of potatoes, $1/3lb of potatoes, brisket on sale, so it looks like I am set for a week or more... especially St. Patrick's Day! I will make some french onion soup tomorrow if I dont go to a restaurant in town i found out my neighbor owns... food is interesting this week!

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX