Originally posted by Turnbull:

Many regulars here get annoyed by newbies who ask these and other familiar questions without doing searches. They’re not wrong, IMO. But I don’t mind repeat questions because, once in a while, someone comes up with a new and interesting angle that hadn’t been posted before.
I don't mind new questions at all, and can't see why the people who get annoyed do so. We were all a beginner once, with so many questions to ask, and not everybody has been on message boards before, hence not searching for an answer. It's hard to search for specific details anyway, as the search engine isn't like google; you to type the particular details.

And in addition, I think the more you explain things to other people, the more you figure things out for yourself and appreciate it more (for example, I was trying to explain the plot of Memento to my dad while we were watching it, and realised that before I had started explaining, I actually knew very little, but know a lot more now). smile

Saying that, I don't pop in here very often, so no need to get annoyed at newbies. smile

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?