Hi SicilianBabe... the whole venison thing was curious because the FDA does not regulate "game meats" (?) so I am wondering how they can serve it, obviously restaurants of high quality won't have a problem but just dont know the food laws. You are absolutely right, it has to be cooked and cooked right, and it must be rare. When my friend makes venison burgers, they mix it with pork for moisture/fat/flavor, otherwise its just gamey and dry. Ever hear of exoticmeats.com ? check it out, i've never ordered from them, unless you want to spend just as much on meat as you do postage, its not worthwhile.

Tonite, had a biz meeting... went to a tavern in Madison NJ... had the pulled bbq pork sandwich with sweet potato fries... the pork was excellent, tender, just not crazy about the extra tangy bbq sauce... sweet potato fries were good, not soggy or mushy but crisp... Tomorrow night I hope to have the time/luxury of cooking again, which is what i really love, just not sure if it will be pasta and/or seafood.

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX