Quote:

Political films triumph in Berlin

By Mike Collett-White

BERLIN (Reuters) - The two most overtly political movies in competition at this year's Berlin Film Festival won the top prizes, surprising some critics who had questioned their message and methods.

Winner of the golden bear for best film was Jose Padilha's "The Elite Squad" ("Tropa De Elite"), an ultra-violent portrayal of a crack team of Brazilian police who resort to corruption, torture and worse as they fight drug warlords in the Rio slums.

am I missing it on the boards or really no ones cares about it ? I made a 'warning post' about "Tropa de Elite" a few months ago when I first watched it and I knew right away it would get recognition outside the world, but I didn't expect anything like this. according to what I read earlier this week the movie got a lot of good and a lot of bad reviews, like it was predictable.

all you movie buffs don't know what you're missing! it's not anywhere as good as "Cidade de Deus" but is an overall very good movie even though the stories are a little shabby, but once you watch it, you know that's the least important thing in the movie.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk