You hear it all the time.Scarface is "ultraviolent"
The chainsaw scene was "pure horror"
Tony clearly has "incestuos feelings"for his sister,
And everything in between. But come on,is all this information truly accurate? Sure the film is violent,but Scarface came out in 1983,when violence to such extent was not really seen before.By that time, every one was so shocked about seeing something new,that they condured up things in their mind that they didn't really see.
Like the chiansaw scene.Clearly that was bloody,but that is all that was shown.Blood.No severd arms or legs, no fingers on the floor no Freddy Kruger like slashing affects like people would have you beleive.Just blood on the guy's face,blood on the shower curtain.OK. Scary thing to invision,but it sertainly didn't keep me up all night.And the whole middle part of the movie was chainsaw free.Tony goes to see his mother,Tony tries to court Elvira,Tony shoots people.Ohhh,this is the most violent film on the planet!Please.And what about the whole insest thing? People swear he wanted to do his sister,even Roger Ebert seens to believe that crap.I watched the movie 100 times,and I saw no insest hints or anything. What I did see was a man who was fatally overprotective of his sister, nothing more. So what do you think? Think everything in Scarface is blown out of proportion like me? That being said I think this is an amazing film.