So tonight was a big step forward for mankind; I made a pizza, base and all, from scratch. As a student living away from home, this is dedicated to similar-situated people. It deters somewhat from all online recipes I've looked at, mainly due to me not being patient enough to let the yeast mix rise (nobody wants to prepare something for 2 hours when it's going to be eaten in ten minutes); all of that's unnecessary nonsense - it was genuinely delicious.

You'll need:
6g sachet of dry yeast mix
500g plain flour
4 spoons olive oil
200ml lukewarm water
2 or 3 small garlic cloves
500g chopped tomatoes (tinned; I used a tin "with garlic")
Mozarella cheese (buy the small bags of mozarella that come in water, that you have to drain)
Toppings (anything, really; tonight I used pepperoni and parma ham)

Firstly, the tomato sauce:
1. Crush or finely chop the garlic cloves and heat gently for 3-5 minutes in a little olive oil.
2. Add the tomatoes, simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3. Mash the tomatoes a little more so the mix is smooth.
4. Add some pepper and salt.

Now, for the pizza base:
1. Pour sachet of yeast into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil and the lukewarm water.
3. Pour in 3/4 of your 500g flour.
4. Stir the mixture till it becomes doughy; add more flour if needed (if it's sticky).
5. At this point, pre-heat your oven to 190C.
6. Take the solidified mix out of the bowl, put some flour onto the work surface and knead the dough so it can be rolled nice and even.
7. Roll the dough.
8. Use plenty of flour in the baking tray and place the dough on top.

Now:

1. Spread the tomato sauce thinly and evenly on the base and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
2. While baking, prepare your mozarella and toppings. Don't overdo the toppings; and remember, the mozarella tends to spread when melting. It depends how cheesy you want it.
3. Take the base out of the oven and apply toppings and cheese. I did cheese first and then the pepperoni and ham on top.
4. Place in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Voila. Enjoy.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 02/13/08 10:31 PM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?