Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I reached the same conclusion in that other threat TB, and would add some more observations.

.... I suspect Fredo, after spending time with Michael contacted Ola or Roth to tell them the money had arrived AND that Michael was on to their assassination plot. Furious, Roth explodes in an uncharacteristic way when Michael pushes him on "Who gave the order" to kill Pentangeli. By this point Roth probably knows his assassination plan isn't going to work, and he may have also known that all the money he was collecting allegedly to pay off Batista may have been destined for his pockets all along. Note how distressed Roth gets when Michael publically suggests the rebels could win. I'm thinking Roth knew the rebels could and even would win, and was planning to pocket the money himself, claiming Batista had taken it.

.......It is entirely possible that his trip to the hspital was a ruse to save himself from being killed. ....Batista had disatched some troops to guard him, and who arrived in a nick of time, and who probably spirited him away.

Fredo had to have been aware all along that Michael would be assassinated in Cuba, and he was probably aware of where to go if he needed to get off the islad in short order....

Bravo DON T! Both you and TB have placed a totaly new light on the whole Roth / Fredo scenerio.

And if you both do not mind, I'd like to once again add that I believe that the Fredo / Ola relationship goes all the way back to when Fredo was with Moe Green while in Las Vegas.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.