Very very interesting theory TB!!! It most definitely paints a different picture of the entire Michael / Roth /Fredo scenario.

Now that you point it out, everything that took place did happen very quickly between the time that Michael elft Cuba and meets with Neri, Rocco and Tom.

Fredo must have escaped Cuba with Roth. And it makes total sense that he was with Roth because as you point out, Tom already knew all of the information about Roth having a stroke, recovering and getting out on a private boat.

I can see a telephone conversation between Tom and Fredo going something like this :

----------------------------------------------------

FREDO : Tom, it's Freddie.

TOM : Freddie, are you ok? Where are you? Michael's worried about you. Are you still stuck in Cuba?

FREDO : I'm back in the states. I'm safe.

TOM : How did you get out of there? Michael phoned and said that you did not leave Cuba with him.

FREDO : I --- Uh -- I got out by boat.

TOM : By boat? But how? Michael said ---

FREDO : ---Roth's Boat.

TOM : You got out with Roth's boat? But Roth....

FREDO : ...Roth's still alive. He had a stroke and we got him out on his private boat. He's recovering in a hospital in Miami.

TOM : Where are you Fredo?

FREDO : Tom, I'm afraid, I'm scared. I screwed up. And Michael knows it. That's why I didn't leave with Michael. I didn't know what to do -- and -- uh --- Roth's people got Roth and me out of there.

TOM : Tell me where you are Fredo.

FREDO : All I can tell you is that I'm headed for New York. I have to go. I'll call you soon.

TOM : Fredo, don't hang ......

Dial Tone.

------------------------------------------

TB - You know that I've always been an advocate on here defending Fredo because I felt that he was just stupid, not malicious, and really didn't know. But now that you've brought up some really excellent points and probable scenarios , I'm begining to agree that perhaps Michael wasn't so wrong in having Fredo whacked.

GREAT TOPIC TB! You may have outdone yourself with this one!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.