Of all the news journalists I have on my list John McWethy isn't one of them.

Former ABC Reporter John McWethy dies in skiing accident.

John Fleetwood McWethy (1947 - February 6, 2008), was a former American print and television journalist, best known as a correspondent for ABC News.

McWethy attended DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1969. In 1970, he graduated from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.

McWethy began his career as a print journalist. He wrote for U.S. News & World Report for seven years, starting as a science editor in 1972, before becoming the magazine's White House correspondent in 1977.

McWethy joined ABC News in 1979. He served as the network's National Security Correspondent from 1985 until his retirement in 2003, covering the military, terrorism, diplomacy, and intelligence. He was in the Pentagon when it was struck by a hijacked passenger plane, American Airlines Flight 77, during the September 11, 2001 attacks.

For his work with ABC News, McWethy received several awards, including five Emmy awards, the Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award, and an Overseas Press Club award in 1987. [1] He was granted an honorary doctorate degree from DePauw in 2003.

Though he retired in 2003, McWethy continued to serve as a Special Correspondent for ABC News until 2006. Starting in 2005, he served as a Senior Advisor to the United States Army Command and General Staff College. On August 11, 2004, he moderated the first of several "News and Terrorism: Communicating in a Crisis" workshops, a joint program presented by the National Academies of Engineering, the Radio-Television News Directors Foundation, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

McWethy died on February 6, 2008 at Keystone Resort in Colorado in a skiing accident. Witnesses reported he was skiing fast, missed a turn, and struck a tree, suffering blunt force trauma to his chest. He is survived by a wife and two adult children.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.