Originally Posted By: HamptonHitMan
 Originally Posted By: SC
...Seriously, though, he was supposed to have flipped just line Frankie 5 Angels. For that reason, I'm glad Castellano didn't appear in Part II (and they needed to make up the character of Pentangeli).

Was there evidence of this in GFII? I never thought that. I always figured Clemenza died (heart attack?) and that Pentangeli moved into his position in New York. I must of missed something because I haven't watched GFII as much as GFI.

You are right about what happening to Clemenza and Pentangeli on-screen in GFII. There's no reference to Clemenza as a traitor, and Frankie was his successor.

However, the posters above are referring to FFC's original plan for Clemenza in GFII. Richard Castellano (the actor who portrayed Clemenza) and FFC could not come to terms for him to appear in the sequel. So Clemenza was killed off and the character of Pentangeli created to replace him.

What SC is saying is that the plot line originally mapped out for Clemenza was substantially the same as that eventually developed for Pentangeli.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"