Dana Jacobson is being disciplined for remarks she made at the Mike and Mike roast last week.

While I have never been a fan of hers, and don't know what the comments were, this was a ROAST. The nature of which is to be outrageous and vulgar. If she said it on the air I think it would be different.

ESPN's Jacobson disciplined for roast remarks

Dana Jacobson, co-host of ESPN2's "First Take," is currently being disciplined for remarks made at a Jan. 11 celebrity roast for ESPN Radio personalities Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic.

Her characterizations of the Notre Dame football program, which have been criticized by a Catholic organization, were deemed "inappropriate" by the network, which issued the following statement from Jacobson:

"I am sorry. My remarks about Notre Dame were foolish and insensitive. I respect all religions and did not mean anything derogatory by my poorly chosen words. I also deeply regret the embarrassment I've caused ESPN and Mike and Mike.

"My actions at the roast were inappropriate and in no way represent who I am. I won't make excuses for my behavior, but I do hope I can be forgiven for such a poor lack of judgment."

Last edited by Beth E; 01/23/08 06:48 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.