I had an exceptional dinner Saturday night. My wife and I joined another couple, very good friends of ours, for dinner at a bar on the eastern bank of the Susquehanna River, just north of Harrisburg. My wife owns and operates a Montessori school and day care, and one of the women, who works with the pre-schoolers, was singing at the bar with the band.

I've never been to this place before, and paid little attention to the sign out front, "Fine Dining in a Casual Atmosphere." The place had a good crowd, we got a corner table, and I was surprised by the size of the menu. While I wasn't necessarily planning to have a big meal, I saw and ordered something that really caught my eye. It was a "tower" of three 3 ounce filets. Between each filet was an ample layer of cab meat, and it was all drizzled with a flavorful rum glaze. Add the side salad, garlic mashed potatoes and a Venetian lend of vegetables, and I was a happy camper. A night of drinking Yuenling Lager with friends and listening to good music capped off a great night.