Originally Posted By: Mignon
 Originally Posted By: klydon1
Tonight my daughter and I will be there. A highlight is the food court with a multitude of rural, homemade delights. Roast beef sandwiches, pork barbecue, fried fish, hand cut fries, potato doughnuts, apple tarts, soups, thick homemade milkshakes, maple ice cream, etc.

That sounds like some good eatin Klyd. \:\)

It was. I started out with the creamiest baked potato I ever had in my life. Later my daughter and I had pulled pork barbecue sandwiches, which we always get there although the turkey and beef looked good. I had a smoked trout chowder as well, and brought a couple of thick milkshakes home for the boys and some fried vegetables.

My son, who couldn't go because he had a band try out that was school related, missed it. I'm going to take him Friday, so I can do it all over again and try the honey or apple dumplings and potato doughnuts.

All in all, this is a great event even without the food. We walked among exhibits of thousands of cows, horses, bison,chickens, ducks, rabbits and sheep. The state prize winners were very impressive animals.

There is a "sheep to shawl" contest where a team is given several hours to shear a sheep, spin the wool and make a shawl. My daughter and I usually watch the pony pulls where teams of work mules compete in dragging increasing weights in the main arena, but I must admit that last night's main arena event was a little odd. There was a guy calling square dances and the participants were about 16 guys driving tractors, as if they were dancing, following the calls.