OK, my last post on August 23rd was a faliure. One thing that brings on a failure here is an increase of hours at work. However, now that the holidays are over and the next is Valentines Day, I have decided on the New Years resolution and so far I have been good. I polished off the last one on the 1st, and now it's time to stop. I've been doing my homework and pretty much, smoking is a psychological habit mostly. It takes about two weeks of repetitive behavior to start a habit and smoking is a common one.

The biggest enemy you have is yourself, because we rationalize. "Well, only one more won't hurt." And for pack-a-day smokers, after a day or two, that "one more" while a faliure, you bullshit yourself by thinking that it's as if you've cut down. Just one today instead of a pack should not be your logic. Not to mention cutting back only makes you look forward to smoking more. But anyway, I looked at it like this to lean my mind.

Pros
Something to do on break
Something to calm me down

Cons
Using more cologne, etc. to cover up smell (increased spending)
1 a day = average of $5.50= $38.50 a week (more then enough for gas)
Smelling of cigarettes (unpleasant presence to others)
Automatically limited the amount of girls who would go out with you
Long-term health risks
Short-term (I used to run fast, now 30 seconds of running can cause me to vomit)
Lowered hormone levels

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006