Re: Alzheimer's

One of my cousins (who's about 20 years older than I am) was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 6 months ago.

This lady was the kind who went out of her way to say hello to you, always had a smile on her face and genuinely a caring person. She was Godmother to my sister for her confirmation.

My sister told me she had just seen her a couple weeks before I arrived in Michigan. My sister said when she went up to her to say hello, she looks in my sister's eyes and says, "I should know you shouldn't I?" \:\( She's trying so hard. My sister explained who's daughter she was and pointed out my parents.

She is the first person, related that has been stricken with Alzheimers. If I were filfthy rich and wanted to put millions behind a disease, for some reason this disease would make me want to contribute to a cure. It's just plain horrible.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/26/07 08:40 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon