Not to re-open a can of worms, but I wish to express my opinion on this subject. First of all, this entire post went form someone displaying a t-shirt with Scarface and Tupac Shakur. It seems silly that so many would get so agitated over something so simple.
I am a fan of Tupac Shakur and collect some of his music, but I recognize him for who he was. Tupac was an artist, but he also was an entertainer. The rap industry is making a large amount of money using the so called “gangsta” and “thug” image. This is all merely a sale’s pitch. I enjoy some rap music, but I take it all at face value and recognize that what I am listing to is not reality, but merely entertainment. Although many of these rap-stars have had their troubles with the law, fights, murders, and many other controversial issues, that does not convince me, personally that these men are really who they say they are. 50Cent, Dr. Dre, 2pac, Snoop Dogg, and down the line. These men are in the “gangsta rap” business for one primary reason, to make money and they make money by using promoting these fantasy images. Entertainers and gangsters are two different groups of people. I hope no one was offended by this post, this is merely my opinion. Feel free to reply or comment as you may.

"politics and crime they're the same thing..."- Michael Corleone