Tonight we went to THE OLD HOMESTEAD for dinner. It was my in-laws 50th anniversary. They are up from Florida for the holidays. So we surprised them with a limo and 14 of us went there for dinner.

The food was absolutely fantastic. We had a cold seafood tower for an appetizer. Then my uncle and I split a porterhouse for two as well as a 4 pound broiled lobster, and both platters were just out of this world!

Of course the waiter fixed up a whole bunch of sides for the table.

Everything was just delicious!

After dinner we had a few more drinks down at their bar and then my mother in-law asked us if we would take her to FERRARA for dessert. So we did.

It's still good. Not like it used to be, atmosphere wise that is, but all in all still pretty good. It's become a place for tourists though. No more cappucino / espresso bar where you could stand and have your coffee and dessert. I had some Gelato and a miniature chocolate cannoli. Both were very good.

I was a bit upset at how Little Italy has literally been reduced to a two block area. While it still has that old fashioned feel to it while you walk the streets, it's doesn't grasp you the way that it once did. It's been reduced to almost nothing.

It was a really great evening all around.

Old Homestead was off the charts!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.