Originally Posted By: MaryCas

I'm not looking at the past 3 or 4 years. I'm looking at the past 35. Go back to the energy crises of the mid and late 70s. Lessons not learned. The future of the planet is not in fossil fuels.....or should I say, not in the way fossil fuels are controlled and utilized today. And in that regard, what is Bush's plan? a war? I don't recall hearing anything else.

And I don't disagree with you about us and our leaders NOT learning from what took place over the last 35 years.

We've had these discussions many many times here on the boards about what Bush has proposed and what has been voted against, knocked down and torn apart : Drilling for our own oil and building more refineries.

The envirementalists that support those in congress and in the senate are the ones responsible for making us dependant on foreign oil. Their ignorance has place you and I, the average consumer, at the mercy of the OPEC nations and the Big Investment funds that have been manipulating the markets and the price that you and I pay at the pump and to heat our homes.

Again, I've discussed this issue at length many many times in the past and no longer wish to get into the fine details of what has happened and how it could have and still can be prevented.

Bottom line no matter what is that you and I get screwed.

Drill, Drill, Refine, Refine. That's what needs to be done!

Your taking this very personal. MC, it's strictly business and you're taking it very personal. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.