Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
 Quote:
So am I wrong for wanting to see a poorly computer-animated fish eat bad actors in funny situations instead of watching an award winning movie? While I do enjoy great movies, sometimes I choose shallow entertainment over thought provoking masterpieces. Not because it's so I can say I saw it, but because I enjoy it.
It's the good old "deep/shallow" debate, isn't it? And the way I see it, if you genuinely like that sort of thing, by all means go for it. My comments were more towards Irishman, really, and how low he continually rates these films despite making every effort to see even more.

Have you ever entertained the notion that these "bad" (cult?) films were intentionally so, catered towards the sort of fan you might align yourself with? That's no different, really, to Steven Spielberg prostituting himself to the Academy for a gold statuette.

By the way, I think Motel Hell (1980) is right up your alley. I saw it on the big screen last week, and found it quite lamentably unbearable at times, though it was not without a certain charm. Check it out if you can.

You know, I actually used to keep regular e-mail contact with MOTEL HELL's director. Rather interesting British TV/Z-movie worker who's shot, at different times, people like Pierce Brosnan, Bruce Willis, Christian Bale, etc.

Alot of good stories, and a nice guy.