Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Before last night I cannot remember the last time that I watched Wrestling. There was nothing on TV and I was channel surfing and came across a match with a guy named Ray Mysterio.

I was impressed. The athleticism that was shown by this guy was just fantastic. What an athlete! The flips, twist, spins, timed jumps and hits by this guy were just amazing.

While wrestling is really just a scripted show, you cannot deny that some of these guys are just unbelievably talented athletes!

I haven't enjoyed watching a wrestler, as I did Mysterio last night, since watching the Hulk Hogans and the Macho Mans of the early 80's.

DC, you bore witness to arguably the greatest high-flying wrestler in pro-wrestling history. Rey Mysterio is a phenomenon, in every sense of the word.

If you think what you saw this past Friday was incredible, you should really take a look at some of his older matches. One match in particular that comes to mind is an old WCW match back in October of 1997, with the late (and oh so great) Eddie Guerrero. It was a "mask vs. title" match. Guerrero was the WCW Cruiserweight champion. If Rey-Rey couldn't beat him, he'd be forced to lose the mask. After an intense (and absolutely phenomenal) match, Rey came out the winner.

That match at Halloween Havoc is considered one of the greatest matches of all time. Some of the things Eddie and Rey pulled off in that match were incredible, and had never been seen in American wrestling before.

You should definitely check out some of Rey's older stuff. Some other wrestlers I would suggest for you to check out are the formerly mentioned Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit (yes, the guy who ended up killing his family and himself), Dean Malenko, Lance Storm, and The Hardy Boyz.

Oh, and for your enjoyment, I found the YouTube video to that Halloween Havoc match I told you about above. Prepare to be amazed.

WCW's Halloween Havoc '97; Mask vs. Cruiserweight Title Match; Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr.

Part 1
Part 2

(note: Throught Mysterio's WCW career, he was known as Rey Mysterio, Jr. He only became known as "Rey Mysterio" was he joined the WWE.)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis