That's a great story, DC. I have seen relatives of mine live through senility, and if you don't take the time to have a laugh or two, the disease will beat you as well.

I don't want to get removed from the food topic, but I was visiting my grandmother in the early 80s when she was recovering from a broken hip at the time when her mind was fading...the line between past and present had been becoming blurred for her.

There was a knock on the door, and expecting another family member, I was shocked to see the bishop at the door to visit. He had gone to school with my uncle, and was in the hospital and decided to stop by. My grandmother looked at him, but couldn't remember his name. He said, "Jimmy Timlin."

She then smiled and spoke to him as if he were getting ready to enter the seminary. He played along, but before he left, she told him, "Now study hard and you'll make yourself a damn good priest some day, and your ma will be proud some day."

He said, "Maybe someday I'll be bishop here."

My grandmother burst in to laughter, and when she finally caught her breath said, "Now that's a good one."