Originally Posted By: JRCX
On a side note, if any of you watch Anthony Bourdain... you will see he had "Burrata" on his trip to Tuscany...

I saw that - it looked quite interesting, but I don't think I'm going to spend that much money to have it airlifted to me! \:D

Unfortunately, Bourdain's Tuscany show was the last new episode of No Reservations until January. On the other hand, now's the time to catch up on any shows we missed.

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
when making sauteed spinach, I now add a sprinkling of ground nutmeg... seems nice.

Nutmeg, in carefully controlled amounts, can definitely enhance certain foods. A lot of people don't know this, but back in the days of colonial America, our Founding Fathers ate foods that had so much nutmeg in them that we would probably gag at the overpowering flavor. (Of course, we might also gag at the overpowering smell of food that was "well hung".)

Back on-topic: Tonight, I will indulge myself and make curried chicken with couscous. I've already blended up some spices for the curry, and will now preceed into the kitchen, throw a tape into the VCR and commence chopping onions and garlic.

It's been a while since I made any curry recipe, and I think I do not want to go near people for the next couple of days. ;\)

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."