Had a bag of spinach leftover, been eating it as a side salad for days, so i threw that in a pan with olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper and boiled some penne pasta... once the pasta was done, i threw that into the pan, some red pepper flakes, added some grated cheese and it was really great, the spinach had a great smooth, almost creamy taste to it... and the pepper flakes gave it a bite... the simplicity is what makes italian food great...

On a side note, if any of you watch Anthony Bourdain... you will see he had "Burrata" on his trip to Tuscany... this is a mozzarella ball the size of softball and inside is the creamy curd & whey -- very expensive, its overnighted from Italy and about $20/lb or $20 each -- I ordered one from a local place saveurgourmet.com -- $20 expensive for an appeitizer? Sure, but then again, I hate to tell you how much I've spent on caviar (which i am over/done with, i will still eat it but my fascination with it is gone)... in any case, i will let you know how it is when it comes!

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX