Originally Posted By: SC
Maybe you should try "Turi's British Diet". You simply go to a bar every night and lose at least 10 pounds daily.

Detouring OT (temporarily), there's a Canadian show on The Food Network called Glutton for Punishment. In a recent episode, the host went to Ireland to either prove or disprove the urban legend of "The Guinness Diet". Legend has it that Guinness has all the nutrients you need to survive - nothing else is necessary. Under a doctor's supervision (who thought it was a mistake), the host tried to live on nothing but Guinness for five days. Friends tried to tempt him with all sorts of food, but he was determined to try and go a full five days without touching anything else but Guinness - and also win a friendly wager in the process.

How did he do?

Warning, Spoiler:
He made it - barely.

Veering back on-topic, yesterday I made a sauteed chicken breast fillet coated with salt, fresh black pepper and basil. Served this up with a heapin' helpin' of thin spaghetti in garlic and oil (which also includes parsley, black pepper, a little chicken broth and a pinch or two of Italian seasoning).

True comfort food. ;\)

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."