I just want to say that not all prison inmates are bad simply because they are in prison. They may have made stupid errors which landed them in prison, or they may have been wrongfully accused or whatever-- there are a huge number of reasons people go to prison. Perhaps I'm not pleading Tony's case right. I should say that Tony may have a bad side, but he also has a good side, where some people out there have no feeling, or compassion for anything whatsoever. Sure Vic had a choice. He was a rich man with a great career, and he was stupid for screwing it all up. But he also grew up in this countrey, where he had privlages and wasn't under oppression and total poverty.
Perhaps he was poor growing up, but he probably didn't have to wear cardboard on his feet.

A person's upbringing and background do indeed influence thier choices or behavior. Tony is not a saint or a perfect person, but he is still not "evil" I doubt he would enjoy watching animals die. I get what yer saying, but that's just the way I feel.