Ok, speaking of raw garlic, let's see if any of you Italians (or maybe it's just Sicilian, or maybe just something in my family) are familiar with this. My mother would make this every now and then with steak. We would dip the steak in it.

She canned her own tomatoes (I don't can so I'd use stewed tomatoes. A pint or quart depending on how many your cooking for.

Chop in small pieces 6/7 cloves of raw garlic (again depending on how strong you want it and how many people you plan to serve)
I have a garlic masher I use (the little wooden cup thingy with a little hammer thingy)

Pour in the tomatoes; add basil, salt pepper and a touch of olive oil (or regular oil if you don't have olive oil). You then dip your steak in or in my case, cut it up and let a few pieces soak in the garlic gravy. \:\) In my family fresh Italain bread was always on hand, and we loved dipping the bread in it as well.

Let me tell you, that would be so potent that we made sure to make it on a day when we did not have any commitments or company, because with that raw garlic, you'd feel as though your mouth reeked. We always had mints, brushed our teeth and what not. Ha ha. I don't make it quite is strong anymore, but it does make you very thirsty for the rest of the day.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon