Rare meat? Raw meat? Not for me, thanks.

And especially not in my meat sauce!

Never was a big carpaccio fan. I like my hamburgers medium to well-done. Roast beef, on the other hand, should never ever be overcooked. (Now I'm thinking of Yorkshire pudding and/or toad-in-the-hole!)

But, as they say, each to their own taste.

Speaking of sauce, tonight, around 2:AM I made the gravy. A lovely marinara sauce, adapted from a recipe in The Arthur Avenue Cookbook. Still wish I could have had fresh parsley, though... \:\(

It's after 5:AM, and my hot sausages should be just about thawed. Time to braise them (that'll take around half an hour - I don't fry them) then add them to the sugo.

And, to a certain well-respected member of the BB who (justifiably) thinks I cook only Italian food - not at all. (Though I do love nearly all types of Italian cuisine.) I cook several Asian dishes, make some nice curry (both Indian and Thai styles) and have a passion for American diner-style food (among other things). The kitchen is a diner - but that's another story for another time.

Hey, Don Malta - great thread! Grazie!

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."