Originally Posted By: XDCX
$1,700 for a seat is absolutely ridiculous. But then again, Zeppelin knows there are a hell of a lot of people who would willingly pay that to see a reunion.

And Billy Joel IS the mutha' freakin' man, SB! \:\)

$1,700 is the current ebay and tout price, I believe. The show is techinically "sold out," but obviously people are still getting tickets. Does anyone know how much the tickets were originally?

But, yeah, this whole ticket thing is crazy. I remember when Radiohead did a spontaneous summer tour in 2006 (their first American tour dates in three years), tickets originally went for about 40 bucks. But they sold out in literally minutes. Eight minutes was the record I heard, if I remember correctly. Madison Square Garden, sold out in eight minutes. The next day, tickets were on eBay, ranging in price from about $100 to $3,000. It's for that reason that I didn't get to see them. It's absolutely absurd. I don't even care if the tickets sell out in seconds, so long as they're being sold to fans. If someone is just going to buy them and then wait until the show sells out so that they can inflate the prices like crazy, then that's pretty fucking lame.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."