Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Making money isn't necessarily a bad thing, so long as the fans and the art are put ahead of it.

I could not agree more. When the Stones "reunited" in 1989, after an eight year absence from touring, they received some corporate sponsorship with a minimum guarantee of about $60 million. But they played a phenominal show, so I do not begrudge them one bit. Tickets were $30 (high price at the time), but most fans would say they received their money's worth.

The Who reunited at the same time and they came right out and stated that they were doing it for the money. They were broke and it would have been a huge infusion of cash by going on tour. Although I never liked their music, I lost respect for them for being so callous.

I've seen some major acts on so-called "reunion tours:" Kiss in 1996, Rolling Stones in 1989, the Eagles in 1994, and the E Street Band in 1999. All were terrific concerts and I am glad I went and felt that the bands all put on a terrific show. That's all I care about - bands not going through the motions in an obvious manner. I like to see bands on stage smiling and having a good time and playing for the enjoyment of making their music.