Hmmm...

I'm looking forward to hearing more on this. Sounds great, though. It'll never be what it was, nor should it be, but why should these three let their talent go to waste, right? I'm glad they're getting together.

--------

I hate to hijack this thread, but I also don't want to cause "clutter" with another Zeppelin thread - so I'll post here what I think might interest LZ fans.

I got this message from a fellow YouTube user a while back:
 Quote:
HI!
Seeing as you are a fan of Zeppelin, I hope you won't mind me sending you a request. My name is Annie and I am looking for fans of Jimmy Page to help me with a project I am working on for his birthday. Since next year is the 40th anniversary of the formation of Zeppelin, I wanted to send Jimmy a special gift to commemorate it, so I am collecting messages from his fans that will be professionally printed and made into a book. The book will not be published, only one for Jimmy will ever be made by a world renown bookbinder. It will be a one of a kind creation that doubles as a piece of art. I promise any fan who sends a message in will be proud to have it in there. Photos of the book will be taken and I will email them to everyone who sends a message.

Your message can be as long as you like, I only ask that you not ask anything of him, like autographs or interviews. The best messages are the ones where the fans tell him something he wouldn't normally get to hear, perhaps say how you became a fan, the first song you heard of his, a special memory attached to one of his songs, a memory of a show you attended, or how he has inspired you.

The book will take 2 months to create, so if you decide to contribute a message the deadline is October 31st, 5pm UK time. If you would like to know more about the project, please feel free to email me at ayhollinshead@hotmail.com

Thank you so much,
Annie

After writing her back, she sent me this:
 Quote:
However you word your message, I like people to remember one thing - try and tell him something he wouldn't normally get to hear from his fans. He gets told a lot he's a great guitar player, which I am sure he appreciates, but he rarely gets to hear how his music affects people or how they became a fan. Those type of messages are really special and that's why this book will be special to him. The messages in it are astounding with people telling him how they first heard his music or special memories attached to his songs...They are really wonderful to read.

I'd really love to get a message from every country in the world, so if you know of anyone that can send a message I'd be very grateful if you could pass on my details to them.

Annie

I can't say for sure if this is real - whether or not she's actually serious and will go through with it. However, I don't see the harm in writing a message, given the possibility that it could really happen and that Jimmy would actually read it.

So...if any of you are interested, here's her page: http://youtube.com/profile?user=PagesAngel